Bookin' It My Way

Here you will find book related contests, links to reviews, and other fun, book related stuff.

Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

I can't imagine a world with no books in it, which is why I read and write so much.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Looking For Ward 3/28/07

To: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
From: lois_langley@yahoo.com
Date: March 28 2007
Subject: Fwd: Cancellation confirmed

Chloe,
I just got the confirmation, so there’s no going back now. I hope it feels good, knowing the wedding is definitely off.

By the way, mark your calendar for June 14th. Your father and I are going to throw a fabulous 32nd anniversary party for ourselves.

Love,
Mom

Forwarded Message:

Dear Mrs. Langley,
As requested, your cancellation for a wedding reception on Saturday, March 31st from 6PM to Midnight has been processed. As agreed per our contract, the deposit of $1500 is non-refundable. However, if you wish put that money toward an event with us sometime within the next year, please let us know. We still have some dates open.

We wish you well.
Sincerely,

Patty Korliss
Edina Country Club Events Coordinator


To: bethanyjones45@hotmail.com
From: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
Date: March 28 2007
Subject: Hawaii

Beth…
I miss you. I know you’re still mad, but I hope you haven’t cancelled your trip yet. I need to see you. I think I might be falling apart, and the only glue I know of is you.

Actually, speaking of cancelled, my wedding is. I did it. Contacted all the relatives, friends, etc, except for you, Ward, and Owen. I didn’t contact Ward for obvious reasons; Owen said he doesn’t want to see or talk to me anymore, and you… well, I didn’t want to give you an excuse for not flying out here.

Because I have a proposition for you. I paid my parents for the trip to Hawaii leaving on April 1st. Want to go? We could lie on the beach, drink Mai Tais, and erase all memory of the men in our lives. What do you think? Please say yes.

Love,
Chloe

To: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
From: bethanyjones45@hotmail.com
Date: March 28 2007
Subject: Re. Hawaii

Chloe –
The only way I could go to Hawaii is if I quit my nanny job. Things have been strained lately, and I think they’re looking for a reason to get rid of me. That’s okay though, I never wanted to be doing this for long anyway.

I could go to you with Hawaii, then move back to Minneapolis. I’m starting to hate New York. And don’t judge me, but I need to be closer to Owen. He said some things that make me believe we might have a future after all.

So anyway, YES, let’s go be beach bums for a week, and while we’re there we can try to fix each other’s screwed up lives.

By the way, I’m sorry about everything – how things turned out with Ward, and how I treated you lately. Forgive me?

Love,
Bethany


LAUREL OSTERKAMP
author of FOLLOWING MY TOES
www.laurelosterkamp.com

COPYRIGHT LAUREL OSTERKAMP 2007. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home