Bookin' It My Way

Here you will find book related contests, links to reviews, and other fun, book related stuff.

Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

I can't imagine a world with no books in it, which is why I read and write so much.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Looking For Ward 3/27/07


To: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
From: owenphilps@yahoo.com
Date: March 27 2007
Subject: Not about us

Hi Chloe.

I know I am supposed to wait to hear from you. But what I have to say supersedes that and once you read this I think you’ll agree. This is complicated, so bare with me.

1. For everyone’s sake, including our own, I think we should see and talk to each other as little as possible. Of course we will run into each other in the next few days if your wedding happens as planned. And, if you and Ward do get married, we’ll have to deal with each other from time to time. But other than that, we can’t be friends. Too much has happened for us to have a casual relationship, so I believe it’s an all or nothing sort of deal. Once you are past all this wedding business and have a chance to see straight, I’m sure you’ll agree.
2. Ward still loves you. Don’t ask me how I know this, because I can’t tell you. But he’s fine, he’s thinking about you, and I’m guessing he still wants to marry you. So what do you think? Will you take him back?
3. Finally, I have a favor to ask. Please don’t tell Bethany about what happened between us. It will serve no purpose other than to hurt her. I’m trying to feel the way about her that she wants me to, and I think I can get there. It’s the way it is supposed to be – you with Ward, me with Bethany.

So please respond, and take care.

Owen

To: owenphilps@yahoo.com
From: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
Date: March 27 2007
Subject: Re. Not about us

Owen…
Thanks so much. I was feeling confused and alone, and your e-mail made me feel so much better. Now everything is as clear as mud.

DID YOU HEAR FROM WARD??!!??

If you did, and you’re not telling me, I swear to God I will wring your neck so hard that you’ll no longer have a place to put your head. And that’s just the beginning.

You don’t want to see or talk to me, fine. That’s FINE! Blame this all on me, hate me the way you hated me after I slept with your brother. But don’t tell me what I can or can’t say to my best friend. And by the way, I think she deserves better than a guy who is “trying to have the right feelings” for her. Just leave her alone and move on already. You can’t stand to give up the security of her friendship, and you’re too weak to go for something you really want. Call it loyalty, but you wanted me for a long time and you did nothing until now. Now that something has finally happened you want to bail and go back to the status quo. Why? Why are you so afraid of conflict? I understand not wanting to hurt people. But I also believe we have a responsibility to ourselves. And I intend to do what I need to do in order to be happy. If you think that’s selfish, well maybe you’re right, and we really don’t belong together.

Anyway, if we’re no longer friends than it is none of your business how I feel about Ward. All I’m going to say is that I have made some major decisions about Ward, the wedding, and my life in general, and at one point they may have included you. However, now you will just have to hear about them second hand, and I expect at some point you will.

I’d tell you take care, but since we are no longer friends, what’s the point?

-Chloe


LAUREL OSTERKAMP
author of FOLLOWING MY TOES
www.laurelosterkamp.com

COPYRIGHT LAUREL OSTERKAMP 2007. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home