Bookin' It My Way

Here you will find book related contests, links to reviews, and other fun, book related stuff.

Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

I can't imagine a world with no books in it, which is why I read and write so much.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Looking For Ward 3/18 and 3/19


To read the 3/18 installment of Looking For Ward, visit my website, www.laurelosterkamp.com

Here's the 3/19 installment:

To: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
From: owenphilps@yahoo.com
Date: March 19 2007
Subject: what happened
Chloe,
I know I was quiet on our drive home – just had no idea what to say to you. I’m not mad and I hope you’re not either. I just lost my head for a minute. If you forgive me I promise it will never happen again.
Good luck deciding what to do about Ward. I still think you should give him another chance.
Take care,
Owen

To: bethanyjones45@hotmail.com
From: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
Date: March 19 2007
Subject: a mess
Bethany –
Sorry I didn’t call you last night. I got your message, but frankly, I was too tired and depressed to talk. If ever I’ve been down for the count, it’s now. I have no idea what I should do, not that I really have any options.

By the way, did Owen ever tell you the story about how Ward saved him freshman year? Am I the only one who didn’t know?

I was going to call the whole engagement off until Owen told me that story. But now I can’t; somehow I can’t bring myself to do that to Ward, despite what he’s putting me through. I know that makes me an idiot. But what if he shows up with a good explanation? Besides, where else am I going to find someone who forgives my many flaws the way Ward does? If he can put up with everything I’ve put him through, surely I can get through this disappearance of his.

As for what happened this weekend, I’m not going to go into details. The Cliff Notes version is I discovered Ward has a secret identity, and that he and Owen are both really good at confusing me. Oh, and I’m weak, capricious, and unsure of absolutely everything and most everyone in my life. Hopefully you like me anyway.

The one thing I do know is I need to finish my jewelry for this art show. Somehow when I’m working on it all my problems melt away. I wish I had more time for it. Anyway, for the next few days I’m going to hibernate and think of nothing else except how to blend silver, amethyst, and platinum into something unique and beautiful. And, in 12 days if Ward hasn’t shown, then everyone who does show up for our wedding will be surprised, but treated to a fabulous party nonetheless.

The one concession I will make is telling my parents about what’s going on. In fact, I’m going to sign off now and give them a call. Wish me luck!
Chloe



LAUREL OSTERKAMP
AUTHOR OF FOLLOWING MY TOES
www.laurelosterkamp.com

COPYRIGHT LAUREL OSTERKAMP 2007. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home