Bookin' It My Way

Here you will find book related contests, links to reviews, and other fun, book related stuff.

Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

I can't imagine a world with no books in it, which is why I read and write so much.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Looking For Ward 3/25 & 3/26


To: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
From: owenphilps@yahoo.com
Date: March 25th 2006
Subject: No Subject

Chloe,
How are you? You’ve been sort of quiet.

I’m not complaining. Maybe it’s better if we don’t talk about the other night. At least not until after your wedding day.

I think there’s a lot at stake here, and people are at risk of getting hurt.
You most of all.

I’m not asking you to make any big decisions or to tell to me how you feel about me. I don’t really expect you to know how you feel about me. But (and I ask this as a friend), how do you feel about Ward? Do you still love him? If he still wants to marry you, will the wedding happen?

The last thing I want to do is put pressure on you. I still feel terrible about what happened. Not because I didn’t enjoy it or because I don’t have feelings for you, but because the timing is all off. And I’m not sure that the timing wasn’t the only problem, but separate that from how I feel about you, and everything is still confused.

Anyway, call me. Please.

Owen

To: owenphilps@yahoo.com
From: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
Date: March 25 2006
Subject: Re. No Subject

Owen –
I can’t call you. Sorry. There is just too much going on right now, my mother is pressuring me to make all these decisions about the wedding and Ward, and according to her I’m already two days late. I can’t think about Ward and you at the same time. I hope you can understand. I promise I will call as soon as I have something worth saying.

Love,
Chloe


To: lois_langley@yahoo.com
From: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
Date: March 25th 2007
Subject: I’ve made some decisions

Hi Mom.
I tried calling you this morning, but your cell must be turned off, and I know how bad you are about checking messages. Anyway, I need to talk to you, in person.
I was up all night last night – couldn’t sleep if my life depended on it. But I came to some decisions. Not just about Ward and the wedding, but everything. The store, my jewelry, the direction of my life. I think it’s best if you, Dad, and I sit down and talk. Can I come over tonight? Can you call me as soon as you get this?
Love (very much)
-Chloe


To: bethanyjones45@hotmail.com
From: owenphilps@yahoo.com
Date: March 26th 2007
Subject: plans

Hey…
When do you get into town? Will I see you? I would like to, even though you’re probably still mad. But forget what I said about Chloe – I don’t know what I was thinking when I told you I loved her. Probably just a case of wanting what I can’t have.
Please see me. I’ve had time to regret everything I’ve said and done.
And I’m ready to grovel.
Love,
Owen

To: owenphilps@yahoo.com
From: whoskins@lycos.com
Date: March 26th 2007
Subject: Hi

Hi Owen.
Hope all is well.
First, I owe you an apology. That night I spilled my guts to you I never let on what I was actually planning to do. Taking off like I did was something I had been thinking about for a while.

I just got scared, and things were piling up, and then Janey laid all this pressure and guilt… I know this excuses nothing.

But I’m wondering what all you’ve told Chloe. Did you tell her everything? Part of it? I won’t blame you if you did, but I need to know before I contact her.
Does she still want to marry me? I’ve had a lot of time to think, and despite everything I still love her. But I need to know if she still loves me before I come back.
Please let me know…and please do it without letting her know that you’ve heard from me. You’re the only one I can ask – Bethany would blow my cover instantly. But you also know that I’d do the same for you. Friends till the end, right?
I’ll talk to you soon, and I promise I will supply all sorts of details.
Take care Man,
Ward.


To: owenphilps@yahoo.com
From: bethanyjones45@hotmail.com
Date: March 26th 2007
Subject: Re: Plans

Owen…
You don’t have to beg me to see you. Just promise me that you won’t be seeing Chloe. You know how I feel about you, but I don’t yet trust how you feel about her. I hope you understand, but if you want to be “friends” with me, you can’t be friends with her too. It’s a lot to ask, I know. But it’s my one and only condition.
Let me know…

Bethany


LAUREL OSTERKAMP
author of FOLLOWING MY TOES
www.laurelosterkamp.com

COPYRIGHT LAUREL OSTERKAMP 2007. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home