Bookin' It My Way

Here you will find book related contests, links to reviews, and other fun, book related stuff.

Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

I can't imagine a world with no books in it, which is why I read and write so much.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Looking For Ward 3/21/07


To: chloelangley@origingifts.biZ
From: bethanyjones45@hotmail.com
March 21 2007
Subject: difficult

Chloe,
It’s 3 am and I just got off the phone with Owen. We had a marathon conversation, and we broke up for the last time, finally, completely, for good.

You’re probably thinking that we couldn’t break up if we weren’t actually together, but you’re wrong. We were still together in my mind, and in my heart I believed he was the one. The sad part is I still believe he is the one for me, but I no longer believe I’m the one for him.

He loves you. He never actually said it, but he wouldn’t deny it when I asked him.

It’s not your fault, and I’m not even angry at you for kissing him. But I can’t forgive you yet for capturing the love of the one guy I’ve ever really wanted. The fact that you weren’t trying to make him love you only makes it worse.

I know you need me right now, and I will try to be there for you in a few days when I get into town. But do me a favor, and don’t call me before then. I just need some time to digest all this.

Sorry to do this via e-mail. It’s too late (or early) to call, and I needed to get this out before I lost my nerve. I may be both physically and emotionally exhausted, but deep down I know that if I keep this buried, we’ll both regret it eventually.

We’ll talk in person when I get into town.

Love You (still),
Bethany


LAUREL OSTERKAMP
author of FOLLOWING MY TOES
www.laurelosterkamp.com

COPYRIGHT LAUREL OSTERKAMP 2007. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home