Bookin' It My Way

Here you will find book related contests, links to reviews, and other fun, book related stuff.

Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

I can't imagine a world with no books in it, which is why I read and write so much.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Looking For Ward 3/20/07


To: owenphilps@yahoo.com
From: bethanyjones45@hotmail.com
Date: March 20 2007
Subject: What Happened?

Owen ,
I got this strange e-mail from Chloe where she said, quote – “I am weak, capricious, and unsure of absolutely everything and most everyone in my life.”

What the hell?

Now she won’t return my e-mails or my calls, claiming she’s going to work on her jewelry and not worry about the wedding. I don’t know what is up with her, but here is what I do know:
1.) Her wedding is in 11 days.
2.) Her shower is in 6, and I sent her some lovely mauve towels since I can’t be there.
3.) I’m coming into town in 9 days, and on the night I get in I’m supposed to take her out for her bachelorette party.
4.) When Ward supposedly shows up and they supposedly get married, you and I are supposedly going to stand up with them as their best friend while they declare their love to each other and the world.

Now my question is this:
Did you and Chloe hook up while you were out of town, or did you just want to?




To: bethanyjones45@hotmail.com
From: owenphilps@yahoo.com
Date: March 20
Subject: Re: What Happened?

Bethany,
I could play games and tell you nothing happened, but you always see through me. So I’ll just be honest, mostly to save us both a lot of time and energy. We kissed briefly. We were both sad and confused. It didn’t mean anything, so don’t be mad at Chloe.

After the kiss we both went into our separate hotel rooms, and the next morning we drove back, barely talking the whole way.

Owen



To: owenphilps@yahoo.com
From: bethanyjones45@hotmail.com
Date: March 20 2007
Subject: Re: What Happened?

You doubt it meant much to Chloe, or to you?

To: bethanyjones45@hotmail.com
From: owenphilps@yahoo.com
Date: March 20
Subject: Re: What Happened?

What difference does it make, and why do you care?


To: owenphilps@yahoo.com
From: bethanyjones45@hotmail.com
Date: March 20 2007
Subject: Re: What Happened?

How can you even ask me that? You know very well why I care. Pardon me for being so petty, but you broke up with me because of your mother. Don’t you think you’re being a little hypocritical now?

To: bethanyjones45@hotmail.com
From: owenphilps@yahoo.com
Date: March 20
Subject: Re: What Happened?

Sorry, but I don’t see the connection. And you’ve got it wrong. We fought about my mother. I broke up with you because the feelings just weren’t there for me anymore. I hate to be so harsh, but as we’re being so honest today, I may as well.


To: owenphilps@yahoo.com
From: bethanyjones45@hotmail.com
Date: March 20 2007
Subject: Re: What Happened?

I always thought one day you’d realize the mistake you made by letting me go. I don’t know what hurts more, that you don’t love me, or that you might love Chloe.


To: bethanyjones45@hotmail.com
From: owenphilps@yahoo.com
Date: March 20
Subject: Re: What Happened?

I don’t know what to tell you. Chloe and I are just friends, and you and I were over a long time ago.


To: owenphilps@yahoo.com
From: bethanyjones45@hotmail.com
Date: March 20 2007
Subject: Re: What Happened?

We’ve been over for a long time? Is that really what you think? You still call me every time something is wrong, or you need to talk, or you can’t sleep, or something good has happened, or the weather sucks, or WHATEVER. You’re still the person I trust more than anyone. Before I moved to New York you were my emergency contact, for God’s sake. I’ve watched as relationship after relationship hasn’t worked out for you, and I always secretly hoped it was because you still loved me. Yet I’ve always secretly feared it was because you actually love Chloe. And you do, don’t you? I mean, you and Chloe have NEVER been friends. So the fact that you’re now claiming to be, well, that speaks volumes.

Good bye, Owen.
Bethany

To: bethanyjones45@hotmail.com
From: owenphilps@yahoo.com
Date: March 20
Subject: Re: What Happened?

I’m sorry.

Look, I’ll call you tonight. This isn’t a conversation we should be having via e-mail.


LAUREL OSTERKAMP
author of FOLLOWING MY TOES
www.laurelosterkamp.com

COPYRIGHT LAUREL OSTERKAMP 2007. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home