Bookin' It My Way

Here you will find book related contests, links to reviews, and other fun, book related stuff.

Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

I can't imagine a world with no books in it, which is why I read and write so much.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Looking For Ward 3/30/07


To: owenphilps@yahoo.com
From: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
Date: March 30 2007
Subject: one more favor


Hi Owen…

I know I was pretty angry in my last e-mail, but I’ve had some time to think and to cool down. You say you want to see/talk to me as little as possible. Okay. You’re probably right, especially considering how I now know Bethany feels about you. But I have one last request before I promise to leave you alone.



I know there’s something you’re not telling me, something else that you know about Ward. I just really need to know what that is. I don’t think I can let go and move on until I’m fully informed. This has been one huge mess, and I can’t clean it up before the final spill has happened. I expect I’ll find out one way or another, but if I hear it from you at least I’ll know that you respected me enough to tell me the truth.



I can’t say that all my feelings for you have evaporated the way they seem to have with you for me. Oh well, I guess it’s for the best… otherwise things would be way too complicated. But please, if you ever liked me even just a little, tell me what you know.



Then I promise – I’ll forget about you and everything that happened between us.

Love,

Chloe



To: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
From: owenphilps@yahoo.com
Date: March 30 2007
Subject: Re: One last favor


Chloe,

My feelings for you haven’t evaporated, it’s just complicated and for the best if we end things. But I do like you, I always have (more than I should).


So I’ll tell you what I promised Ward I wouldn’t tell you. Just remember, we’re all human.


Ward has a daughter with Janey. She’s 5 years old, so obviously she was conceived when you and Ward were broken up for a while. As far as I know, they haven’t been involved for a long time, not since he got back together with you. Why he never told you about this, well… you’ll have to ask Ward about that.



I hope you hear from him soon.

Love,

Owen

LAUREL OSTERKAMP
author of FOLLOWING MY TOES
www.laurelosterkamp.com

COPYRIGHT LAUREL OSTERKAMP 2007. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness!!!! I can't wait to read what happens next!!!!

Valerie

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home