Bookin' It My Way

Here you will find book related contests, links to reviews, and other fun, book related stuff.

Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

I can't imagine a world with no books in it, which is why I read and write so much.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Looking For Ward 3/10/07

To: owenphilps@yahoo.com
From: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
Date: March 10 2007
Subject: Sorry
Owen –
Now I understand how Brittany Spears must have felt the night after she married that friend of hers – you know, the one she divorced right away? I mean, I understand how it feels to regret your actions and feel like you made an ass of yourself for the entire world to see. In Brittany’s case, it was the entire world. In my case, it was really only you. But that’s enough. It would almost be easier if it was everyone in the world except for you. They probably wouldn’t be as hard on me.

Anyway, it’s been over twenty-four hours since our ill-fated meeting. My hangover is beginning to subside but my embarrassment is increasing as I’m left with these questions:
Did I throw up on you?
What happened in between my third Mai Tai and when I woke up, several hours later?
What did you tell me about Ward, and are you willing to repeat it all?

The answer to number three is obviously the most important. But Owen, please know that there was nothing between that guy with the long hair and me, and I really have changed since that time with your brother. I love Ward, and I’m begging you to give me another chance and tell me what you know.

PLEASE!

Love,
Chloe

To: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
From: owenphilps@yahoo.com
Date: March 10 2007
Subject: Re: Sorry

Chloe,
No you didn’t throw up on me, but you did drool quite a bit. Are you a mouth breather?
I took you home and put you to bed. Then I left.
I don’t really want to meet again, so here it is:
Ward has a lot of secrets. A few weeks ago he confessed some of them to me. I’m not ready to tell you all about them, but they are about his childhood. He has some issues with his parents that he needs to resolve, and he needs to deal with some of the lies he has told. In addition, there’s this woman he works with at the Y. She might know stuff.
That’s all I can tell you. Ward asked me to keep his secrets for him, and especially after your behavior last night, I feel compelled to.
And Chloe, please don’t respond. I will look for Ward myself, and I’ll let you know when I find him.
Take care…

Owen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home