Bookin' It My Way

Here you will find book related contests, links to reviews, and other fun, book related stuff.

Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

I can't imagine a world with no books in it, which is why I read and write so much.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Looking For Ward 3/8/07


Date: March 8 2007
Subject: the plan

Chloe,
Hope all is well with you. I think I figured out where Ward is. Can you meet for dinner tonight?

Owen

To: owenphilps@yahoo.com
From: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
Date: March 8 2007
Subject: Re: the plan
Owen –
I can, but don’t leave me in suspense. Where is he? Just tell me and we can talk about the details tonight.
-Chloe

To: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
From: owenphilps@yahoo.com
Date: March 8 2007
Subject: Re: the plan

Fine. I wanted to tell you this in person, but here it is.
Ward isn’t who he says he is. I don’t know how much he’s told you about his childhood, but he had some tough times. One night over a few beers he confided in me, and made me promise not to tell you. I’ve kept my word – until now.

I’ve done a little research, and after thinking about it, decided I’m not doing anyone any favors by keeping quiet.

Remember that Ward loves you and does his best with you. Sometimes things are just complicated.
How about we meet at the Red Dragon, say, 7:00? I’ll buy you some eggrolls and a Mai Tai.
Hasn’t that always been your favorite?

Owen

To: owenphilps@yahoo.com
From: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
Date: March 8 2007
Subject: Re: the plan
Gosh Owen –
Did you take some “nice pills” with breakfast this morning?
You and I have been on the outs for years, ever since that thing with your brother (which, by the way, Ward has forgiven me for even though you haven’t). So now you’re going to tell me all Ward’s secrets? Now I’m supposed to believe you’re going to help save our relationship? I don’t need you to tell me that he loves me, and I do know that Ward does his best with me, just like I’m doing my best with him.

I wish I knew what you wanted from me.

To: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
From: owenphilps@yahoo.com
Date: March 8 2007
Subject: Re: the plan

I don’t want anything from you. I’m just trying to be a good friend and a decent guy. That can be hard for me, especially when I’m around difficult people.

To: owenphilps@yahoo.com
From: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
Date: March 8 2007
Subject: Re: the plan
If it’s so difficult for you, maybe you should stop trying. I wouldn’t you to bust a blood vessel in your brain, or anything other horrific self-induced injury that would lead to your tragic and untimely death.


To: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
From: owenphilps@yahoo.com
Date: March 8 2007
Subject: Re: the plan

So… you don’t want to meet at Red Dragon?

To: owenphilps@yahoo.com
From: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
Date: March 8 2007
Subject: Re: the plan
I’ll see you at 7:00. Curiosity alone is driving me there.

-Chloe



Laurel Osterkamp

author of Following My Toes



Copyright Laurel Osterkamp 2007. All rights reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home