Bookin' It My Way

Here you will find book related contests, links to reviews, and other fun, book related stuff.

Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

I can't imagine a world with no books in it, which is why I read and write so much.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Looking For Ward 3/2/07


Date: March 2, 2007
Subject: Continued Confusion

Bethany –
It was tremendous to talk to you last night! With the two hour time difference it’s so hard to coordinate phone chats, and I appreciate that you called. You really made me feel better. And I’m sure you’re right that Ward just has pre-wedding jitters, and I’m going to do what you said and try not to worry about it. I decided I’m not going to mention this to anyone (other than you). I mean, my parents have already dropped THOUSANDS on this wedding, and at this point, most of it is nonrefundable anyway – thirty days notice and all. Besides, Ward will be back soon, so there’s no need to say anything. He’s got to be back soon, because there is just no other option.

But I haven’t heard from him yet.

As soon as our conversation was over though, my phone rang. Of course I was hoping it was Ward, but it was Owen. Uhg. I could describe our conversation, but it’s better to just recount it to the best of my memory:

Owen: I need to speak to Ward.
Me: He’s not here.
Owen: Well where is he?
Me: I don’t know.
Owen: He’s not at work, or at home. I tried his cell too. I haven’t been able to get a hold of him all day.
Me: What do you need to talk to him about?
Owen: Umm… Shouldn’t you be a little more concerned about Ward’s disappearance?
Me: Disappearance? What makes you think he’s disappeared?
Owen: Umm…because he’s nowhere to be found. Look, if you hear from him, tell him to call me, okay?
Me: ( in a resigned voice) Sure.
Click! Dial tone. Sound of fury raging in my ears.

He can be so rude! No goodbye, no thank you, and certainly no “How are you, Chloe?” You would think as Ward’s best man that he could at least pretend to like me. I suppose given our history that’s too much ask. But come on, it was years ago! Ward’s forgiven me, so I don’t see why Owen can’t. His attitude should have been adjusted a long time ago.

Sigh.
Okay, I really should start on inventory. I’m already behind on stocking the cucumber soap (huge seller), and this afternoon I have to go sign the contract with the video-ographer. Ward was wondering if we really need our wedding filmed, and I was like, are you serious? The day will go by in such a blur, we’ll want to relive it any way we can. That is, assuming of course that the day actually happens.

I’ll e-mail you as soon as Ward resurfaces, which better be sometime today.
Take care, and have a great day.
I wonder what Owen needed to talk to Ward about?

-Chloe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home