Bookin' It My Way

Here you will find book related contests, links to reviews, and other fun, book related stuff.

Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

I can't imagine a world with no books in it, which is why I read and write so much.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Looking For Ward 3/3/07


Date: March 3 2007
Subject: Ward
Chloe,
I need to talk to Ward. It’s important. Still can’t get a hold of him. Should I be worried?

To: owenphilps@yahoo.com
From: chloelangley@origingifts.com
Date: March 3 2007
Subject: Re: Ward
Owen –
No, no worries. But about Ward – he has been acting weird lately. He’s been so busy, especially on Saturdays, but he’s vague about what he’s up to. It’s not that I don’t trust him… of course I do. But truth is, I’m not sure what is up with him. So I’m curious what you need to talk to him about. Does it have anything to do with the wedding? Or me? Would you tell me if there was something I ought to know?

To: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
From: owenphilps@yahoo.com
Date: March 3 2007
Subject: Re: Ward
Chloe,
Honestly, no, I wouldn’t tell you. You say I shouldn’t be worried. Do you know where he is? When was the last time you saw/spoke to him?

To: owenphilps@yahoo.com
From: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
Date: March 3 2007
Subject: Re: Ward
Owen –
Of course I know where my fiancée is! He just seems to be going through something weird right now. It’s like he’s not even interested in talking to anyone and I don’t know why. But I think you should just back off and give him some space. For real. I mean, I understand that you can’t (or don’t want to) help me. But I think you should respect Ward’s wishes and not force the issue. Just tell me what you need him to know and I’ll make sure he gets the message.

To: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
Date: March 3 2007
Subject: Re: Ward
Chloe,
I never thought that “controlling” was among your many flaws. If WARD tells me to back off, I will. Where is he?

To: owenphilps@yahoo.com
From: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
Date: March 3 2007
Subject: Re: Ward
Owen –
I’ll tell Ward to give you a call.
Adios, Owen.

To: bethanyjones45@hotmail.com
From: chloelangley@origingifts.biz
Date: March 3 2007
(Forward) Subject: Re: Ward
Bethany –
Can you believe him? I’d like to smack him upside the head. Who does he think he is?
I know. I know.
You’re probably thinking I should have told Owen the truth. But if I did that, then he would have insisted on filing a missing person report. And Ward said not to look for him, and I’d sort of like him to come back some day. The thing about Ward is, he doesn’t make empty threats. I have to assume he’s okay. If there was some sort of trouble why wouldn’t he have a given a clue in his e-mail? You know, like “When I get back we’ll go out for clams.” If he had put that in I’d know something was up, since he HATES clams. That would have been a red flag, blaring alarm bell telling me something is wrong. But there was nothing like that.
So I have to believe that Ward is fine, that he’ll be back soon, and that there is a reasonable explanation for all of this.
But Owen wouldn’t get it. He’d insist on looking for him, and that would ruin everything.
I just don’t know how much longer I can keep this up.

-Chloe
P.S.
Have you gotten your bridesmaid dress altered yet? I hate to nag you, but there is always the possibility that you’ll need them to make more changes after your first fitting. Don’t leave it till the last minute!


Laurel Osterkamp

author of Following My Toes



Copyright Laurel Osterkamp, 2007. All rights reserved

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home